Joydeep Sen Gupta
My interests in cryptography, privacy and anonymity systems ties together with my experience in user experience research and free software advocacy.
- Outreachy Intern with The Tor Project, Software Freedom Conservancy, December 2020 - March 2021. Worked on 'Helping Tor users', a project in technical user support and user experience. Tor, developed and maintained by The Tor Project, is one of the largest free and open source software projects in the world. Working primarily with the Community Team, I was responsible for technical user support, user experience (UX), aggregating meaningful user feedback, identifying usability pain points and aid people circumvent censorship across all of Tor Project's official channels. I also wrote technical documentation in the Tor Browser User Manual, Support Portal and Community Portal. Most of my work can be found at Tor Project's issue tracker.
- Engineering Intern, Defence Research and Development Organisation, June - July 2019. DRDO is the premier R&D organization of India working on various areas of military technology to qualitatively address needs of Indian defence system. I was responsible for developing a Data Acquisition and Control (DAC) software using LabVIEW for the measurement of physical parameters like temperature and pressure under laboratory conditions and also completed a study on Laser Diode Drivers. [report].
Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, 2020.
Advanced Topics: Digital System Design, VLSI Design, Digital Signal Processing, Database Management Systems, Embedded Systems.
Localization. I contribute to the localization efforts of many free and open source software projects. Notably, Tor and Signal. Most of my localization work can be found on Transifex.
Quality Assurance, The Fedora Project. Fedora Linux is a Linux kernel-based operating system. Most of my work can be found at Bodhi and Copr. Fedora has a neat way of awarding badges to contributors. If you'd like you can take a look at my Fedora Badges.
- Reserve Bank of India Quiz, 2015. Regional Winner & Runner-up in National Quarter-finals.
- KVS National Debate Competition, 2015. Winner at Cluster, Zonal and North India Regional Rounds.
- BRAINIAC by BBC Knowledge, 2014. Second Runner-up in North India Zone & Third Runner-up in Nationals.
- Sawaal Dilli Ka, 2014. Winner in Zonal Round and Runner-up in the Final.
- Student of the Year, 2013 & 2014.
- National Youth Parliament Competition, 2013 & 2014. Part of the Winning Team in Delhi Region (2013). Named among the 'Best Youth Parliamentarians' (2013 & 2014).